1916 – Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph, the College opens its doors to 12 students in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn.
1918 – St. Joseph's purchases the Pratt home at 245 Clinton Avenue.
1920 – The first class graduates from St. Joseph's College at the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
1923 – An annex is built along Waverly Avenue at the rear end of the Clinton Avenue building.
1925 – Student enrollment increases to over 200. The home of Hermann Metz at 253 Clinton Avenue is purchased.
1928 – Metz House is razed to make room for a new building to be attached to the 245 Building.
1929 – St. Joseph's College obtains its permanent charter from the University of the State of New York.
1934 – One of the first college preschools on the East Coast is opened on the Brooklyn Campus.
1935 – St. Joseph's acquires the Allison house at 265 Clinton Avenue.
1936 – The Pratt house at 232 Clinton Avenue is purchased and becomes a convent for the Sisters of St. Joseph's. The surrounding gardens become part of the Brooklyn Campus.
1938 – The preschool is extended to include two kindergarten years.
1939 – The Clement Family building adjoining the Brooklyn Campus is purchased and turned into an outdoor theater.
1940 – A child study major is introduced.
1941 – As the College celebrates its 25th anniversary, enrollment reaches 469 and the number of alumnae climbs to nearly 1,200.
1945 – Rev. William T. Dillon is named president of St. Joseph's College.
1956 – President Dillon steps down; S. Vincent Therese Tuohy is appointed to take his place.
1965 – McEntegart Hall Library opens at 222 Clinton Avenue.
1968 – The preschool is named the Dillon Child Study Center.
1969 – S. George Aquin O'Connor, C.S.J., is named president of St. Joseph's College. St. Joseph's admits its first male students, making the transformation to a coeducational college.
1971 – An extension division of the College opens in Brentwood.
1972 – St. Joseph's receives qualification for New York State Institutional Aid (Bundy Aid).
1975 – The College establishes the School of Adult and Professional Education.
1978 – A 25-acre lakeside property in Patchogue is purchased to house the Long Island Campus and a four-year program is inaugurated.
1985 – The Clare Rose Playhouse opens on the Long Island Campus.
1986 – An upper division nursing program is registered by the New York State Department of Education.
1989 – The Callahan Library opens on the Long Island Campus.
1994 – The Weekend College is established at the Long Island Campus.
1995 – St. Joseph's introduces its first graduate degree, an M.A. in Infant/Toddler Therapeutic Education.
1997 – S. Elizabeth A. Hill, C.S.J., J.D., becomes College president and establishes the Council for the Arts to provide fine and performing arts programming to St. Joseph's and its surrounding communities.
1997 – The John A. Danzi Athletic Center opens on the Long Island Campus.
1998 – St. Joseph's purchases a five-story brownstone at 256 Clinton Avenue in Brooklyn to be used as staff and faculty office space.
1998 – A high-speed fiber optic network is developed to connect all offices, instructional facilities, computer labs and libraries on both campuses.
1999 – An online library system is installed, enabling students to search for and check out books at either campus, as well as providing access to online databases and other electronic information sources.
2000 – The Academic Center for Enhancement Services (ACES) at the Marygrace Calhoun Dunn Center opens to provide assistance to English Language Learner (ELL) students.
2001 – The Brooklyn Campus expands to bordering Washington Avenue with the purchase of St. Angela Hall Academy. St. Angela Hall becomes a classroom and meeting facility.
2002 – The 33,000-square-foot Business Technology Center opens on the Long Island Campus.
2003 – A master plan is adopted for expansion of the Brooklyn Campus to be implemented over a period of 10 to 15 years.
2004 – The Executive M.B.A. is introduced.
2005 – St. Joseph's College introduces two new graduate programs: the M.A. in Literacy/Cognition and the M.S. degree with a major in Nursing.
2006 – The School of Adult and Professional Education is renamed the School of Professional and Graduate Studies.
2007 – St. Joseph’s College mourns the loss of former President S. George Aquin O’Connor, C.S.J.
2007 – The College introduces two new programs to its graduate curriculum: M.B.A. in Health Care Management and an M.A. in Childhood or Adolescence Special Education with an annotation in Severe and Multiple Disabilities.
2008 – The College holds its inaugural Golden Eagle Athletic Hall of Fame Ceremony and honors the first class of inductees.
2008 - St. Joseph’s College acquires 24.8 acres of property in the hamlet of East Patchogue to expand its more than 30 acres of existing property on the Long Island Campus. Located just east of the campus on the south side of the Sunrise Highway Service Road, the College has framed a composite preliminary program for the area with future expansion plans of developing an athletic complex.
2009 – St. Joseph’s College establishes The Dr. Reza and Georgianna Clifford Khatib ’52 Chair in Comparative Religion and hosts its inaugural lecture to promote interfaith dialog with the study of Islam being an integral part of the initiative on both campuses.
2009 - The College announces the introduction of an M.S. in Human Services Management and Leadership on both campuses.
2010 – St. Joseph’s College offers a new M.A. in Mathematics Education on the Long Island Campus beginning the fall semester.
2011 – In an effort to go green, St. Joseph’s College introduces an environmental studies minor to both its Long Island and Brooklyn campuses, as well as a sustainability mission and committee.
2011 – Delta Psi Omega, the longest active Greek life organization at SJC, is inducted on a national level after joining Alpha Phi Delta, a national fraternity founded in 1914.
2011 – St. Joseph’s College introduces new undergraduate degree programs in medical technology, sports management and marketing, as well as graduate degree programs in mathematics education, human services management and leadership, and an online Executive M.B.A. program.
2012 – The Department of Criminal Justice expands its program to now offer five separate and unique criminal justice tracks.
2012 – St. Joseph’s College unveils its new athletic complex - a 24.8 acre, state-of-the-art outdoor sports facility that is home to SJC's baseball, softball, soccer, tennis and women's lacrosse teams.
2012 – St. Joseph’s College introduces a journalism and new media major on its Brooklyn Campus beginning in the fall semester.