Security Blue Light Call Box Procedures
Anyone on campus requiring security assistance has access to several Security Blue Light Call Boxes. These call boxes can be used for emergency and non-emergency assistance (medical emergencies, disabled vehicles, etc.).
They are simple to operate. Just press the red button and follow the voice instructions. You will initially hear a telephone ringing sound identifying the call box location, followed by voice instructions and then confirmation that assistance is on the way. The location of the call box is broadcast over the security channel on the portable radios that all security guards carry.
At this point, a security guard will contact you over the call box to ascertain what kind of assistance you require. You press and hold the red button to talk and release to listen.
It is most important that you answer the guard. If the guards gets no response from you, he is to assume that it is an emergency and several guards will respond to your location immediately. In an actual emergency, security personnel will have no problem doing this.
In addition to the Blue Light Call Boxes, we have upgraded and added additional security cameras to the campus for your protection and safety.
Blue Light Call Box Locations - Long Island Campus
1. Office of Admissions Building parking lot (319 West Roe Blvd.)
2. Main faculty parking lot
3. Rear faculty parking lot
4. Clare Rose Playhouse parking lot
5. Main student lot - north of Danzi Center
6. Main student lot - north side
7. Main student lot - security booth
8. Main student lot - south side (parallel with Savannah Blvd.)
9. Main student lot - rear of Danzi Center
10. Faculty/student lot entrance (Audobon Ave.)
11. Waverly Avenue lot entrance (Champlain Ave.)