PATCHOGUE, N.Y. – October 22, 2013 – St. Joseph’s College (SJC) is pleased to announce that John Sardelis, Dr.P.H., associate chairman of health care management at SJC, will be presenting at a series of lectures about the Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Obamacare, at various Long Island locations throughout the months of October and November. The speaking engagements include:
• Wednesday, October 23 (to be aired at a later date): On-air interview about “Health Care Exchanges” with WALK-FM News Director Donna Vaughan.
• Wednesday, October 23 at 12:40 and 6:30 p.m.: “Obamacare and You: Are You Eligible and How to Sign-Up,” SJC, Long Island Campus. For more information or to RSVP, contact JoAnne Petrone at email@example.com or 631.687.1244.
• Friday, October 25 at 2 p.m.: “Affordable Care Act and its Local Impact,” Fair Media Council’s Connection Day at Briarcliffe College in Bethpage. For more information, visit www.fairmediacouncil.org.
• Wednesday, November 13 at 6:30 p.m.: “The Ins and Outs of Obamacare,” Stony Brook Village Center. Space is limited. $25 per person fee, includes dinner. For more information or to RSVP, call 631.689.5888 or view the flyer here.
• Wednesday, November 20 at 7 p.m.: “The ABCs of Obamacare,” Brentwood Library. For more information, call the Islip NAACP at 631.348.4781.
• Sunday, November 24 at 4 p.m.: “Is Obamacare for You?” First Baptist Church of Bay Shore. For more information, call 631.665.8863
Dr. Sardelis is founder of the SJC Healthcare Center for Outreach, Research and Education (CORE), which assists Long Islanders in addressing health disparities, providing up-to-date information on public programs, and providing speakers on topical health issues. He is a member of the audit committee for the IPRO board of directors has been elected as chairman of the finance committee for the Affinity Health Plan board of directors.
About St. Joseph's College
St. Joseph's College has been dedicated to providing a diverse population of students in the New York metropolitan area with an affordable education rooted in the liberal arts tradition since 1916. Independent and coeducational, the College provides a strong academic and value-oriented education at the undergraduate and graduate levels, aiming to prepare each student for a life characterized by integrity, intellectual and spiritual values, social responsibility, and service. With campuses located in the Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn and in Patchogue, Long Island, the College offers degrees in more than 29 majors, special course offerings and certificates, affiliated and pre-professional programs.