PATCHOGUE, N.Y. – FEBRUARY 10, 2014 – St. Joseph’s College (SJC) is pleased to announce that it will offer a series of health care seminars this spring. Hosted by distinguished health care professionals, the seminars will focus on strategic planning and information technology in health care and will take place in room B-11 of the Business and Technology Building on the College’s Long Island Campus.
“Major trends are transforming the health care industry on Long Island,” said John Sardelis, Dr.P.H., associate chairperson and associate professor of health administration at SJC. “At our spring lecture series, health care executives will be sharing their thoughts and plans, and answering questions so that guests can position themselves for emerging opportunities.”
The seminar schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, February 18, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Kevin Conroy, chief information officer at Brookhaven Hospital will present “An Overview of Health Care Applications.”
- Thursday, February 20, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Jeff Kraut, senior vice president of strategy and business informatics at North Shore-LIJ Health System will present, “Preparing for the Future in Health Care: The Vision and Strategy for North Shore Health System.”
- Tuesday, March 4, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Dr. Joseph Ng, chief medical information officer at Mather Hospital will present “Electronic Medical Records and Meaningful Use.”
- Tuesday, March 25, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Thomas Check, president and CEO of Healthtix will present, “Regional Health Information Organizations: Where They Are Going.”
- Thursday, March 27, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Howard Gold, executive vice president and chief managed care business development officer at North Shore-LIJ Health System will present “Why Creating an Insurance Entity is a Strategic Advantage for North Shore-LIJ Health System and How it is Being Implemented.”
- Tuesday, April 8, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Stephan O’Neill, regional chief information officer at North Shore-LIJ Health System will present “Health Care Information Technology: Governance and Management.”
- Thursday, April 10, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Art Gianelli, president of St. Luke’s Hospital and special advisor to the president and CEO of the Mt. Sinai Health System on Medicaid strategy will present “Strategic Planning: Getting the Implementation Right.”
- Tuesday, April 22, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: Brian Wasson, technology training specialist at SJC will present “Health Care and Social Media: The Next Big Thing.”
- Thursday, April 24, 6:30 – 8 p.m.: George Choriatis, partner at Rivkin Radler will present “Health Care Strategy Through the Legal Lens.”
The SJC Health Care Seminar Series is free and open to the public. For more information or to RSVP, contact John Sardelis, Dr.P.H. at 631.687.1493 or email email@example.com.
About St. Joseph's College
St. Joseph's College has been dedicated to providing a diverse population of students in the New York metropolitan area with an affordable education rooted in the liberal arts tradition since 1916. Independent and coeducational, the College provides a strong academic and value-oriented education at the undergraduate and graduate levels, aiming to prepare each student for a life characterized by integrity, intellectual and spiritual values, social responsibility, and service. With campuses located in the Clinton Hill area of Brooklyn and in Patchogue, Long Island, the College offers degrees in more than 29 majors, special course offerings and certificates, affiliated and pre-professional programs.