Danzi Athletic Center
*Our Continuing Ed Program classes are now filed under the Community Programs link to the right. Please refer to this page for all information on such Danzi Center offerings as our learn to swim program, yoga, water aerobics and all American Red Cross certification classes.*
The John A. Danzi Athletic Center opened in April 1997 and has provided St. Joseph’s College’s students, faculty and staff with many opportunities to enjoy athletic competitions, promote personal fitness and engage in recreational activities. To use the 48,250-square-foot Danzi Center, you must have a valid SJC identification card and proof of a completed fitness training tour. A Cybex sticker will be placed on your ID upon completion of the fitness tour.
The facility contains a number of outstanding features, such as:
- A 25-yard heated swimming pool
- Strength training room
- Aerobics/dance room
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Elevated track (1/12 mile)
- State-of-the-art fitness room with 18 selectorized Cybex machines
Our cardiovascular equipment includes treadmills, recumbent and upright bikes, ellipticals, rowers and Upper Body Ergometer (UBE) machines.
All members of the St. Joseph’s College community are encouraged to use the facility for free.
Alumni and guests pay a $5 fee per visit.
Members of the SJC community are permitted to bring up to five guests. This privilege may be suspended without notice if scheduled activities would render the presence of guests impractical. No guest under the age of 16 is to be left unsupervised by his/her host.
Sponsors must remain with their guests at all times. Failure to obey these policies may result in, both the guest and the guest sponsor to leave the facility or suspension of its use.
Call 631.687.1444 for more information.
- Career Development
Clubs & Organizations
- Student Government Organizations
- Accounting and Business
- Adolescent Education Club
- Association for Computing Machinery
- Biology Club
- Council for Exceptional Children/Child Study (CEC)
- Criminal Justice Club
- Finance and Investment Club
- History Club
- Literature Expression Imagination Inspiration (L.E.I.I.)
- Matrix Club
- NSSLHA/Speech Pathology Club
- Psychology Club
- Recreation Club
- Sign Language Club
- SJC Aces
- SJC Bishops
- The Arts
- Services Societies/Awareness Organizations
- Greek Life
- Faith Based Organizations
- Athletic Organizations
- Council for the Arts
- Dean of Students
- Student Activities
- Multicultural Student Life
- Campus Ministry
- Student Accessibility Services
- Health Services
- Counseling and Wellness Center
- Danzi Athletic Center
- Outdoor Field Complex
- Academic Center
- Meet the Staff