Institutional Research Analyst/Senior Analyst
May 23, 2017
SJC Long Island
Office of Institutional Research
St. Joseph's College - New York is looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join our team. St. Joseph's College offers a competitive salary and benefits package including paid time off (vacation, sick time, and holidays), employer retirement contribution to the 403(b) plan, and tuition remission.
The Analyst/Senior Analyst assists the Director in performing the functions of the office, which include retrieval, preparation, and analysis of data; preparation of reports to external agencies and organizations; implementation and documentation of new data and reporting technologies; representation at meetings; and other duties as assigned.
The selected individual will work with the Director to maintain a cross-functional data warehouse, data dictionary, and library of key performance indicators accessible to a general institutional audience. The successful candidate will support the Office of Institutional Research and the institutional community as a whole to make data accessible, consistent, reliable, and timely. This position requires an individual with excellent quantitative, analytical and technical skills, who can communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extract and manage data files from the college data system
- Extract and manage data from external databases, e.g. IPEDS, etc.
- Complete compliance reporting surveys to external agents at state (NYSED) and federal (IPEDS) levels, and facilitate the data needs of annual surveys
- Work with other operating offices to request and validate key data points, policies, and procedures to prepare the Common Data Set
- Assist the Director with special requests for regular re-accreditation and annual updates (Middle States and program-level accreditation, e.g., CAEP).
- Participate in the national and college-wide survey administration, data analysis and results reporting including performing data transformations, statistical analysis and report composition
- Oversee and implement the regular collection and editing of data for reporting and analysis
- Maintain the library of Institutional Research reports on internal platforms and assist in the regular update of key reports
- Attend professional development courses and conferences to maintain the most up-to-date knowledge and skills in data warehousing and data modeling.
- Provide training on use of data and production of ad-hoc reports to power users from the institutional community
- Special projects and other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in a data driven field (e.g., psychology, business or public administration, statistics, computer science)
- Experience with large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of data analysis and experience with statistics
- Experience with SPSS
- Demonstrated ability to independently learn new software
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with all audiences including faculty, staff, and representatives of external organizations and institutions
- Experience working in higher education environment in a data support role
- Experience authoring SQL
- Experience writing and editing SPSS syntax files
- Experience with business intelligence software such as Blackboard Analytics, Tableau, and/or Crystal Reports
- Experience working with/contributing to a Data Warehouse
This job will be based on the Long Island campus and will require some travel among campus sites including Brooklyn and Downtown Patchogue. Please email cover letter, salary requirements and résumé to [email protected], Attention: Allison List, Director of Institutional Research