Client Services System Specialist
August 21, 2017
SJC Long Island
Provide technical (both hardware and software) support to computer clients of St. Joseph’s College. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from remote locations. Help manage and mentor federal student workers that help support the open computer areas or help desk area. Maintains, supports, and implements Client Services’ centralized server applications.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, peripheral equipment following design and installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems, and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Document instructions and procedures for proper install of new software.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Actively involved with testing and implementing new technology initiatives.
- Train technicians with troubleshooting various hardware and software issues and usage of application systems.
- Install, maintain and troubleshoots system applications for the client services department.
- Create and provide documentation to the ITS staff on the usage of these system applications.
- Training in vocational school, related on-the-job experience, or an Associate’s degree preferred.
- Three or more years of work-related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Knowledge of SCCM, AD, Papercut, Google Printing, Alcatel-Lucent, Footprint is a plus
- Strong telephone and interpersonal contact skills required.
- Ability to use computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, script, create batch files.
Please email cover letter, salary requirements and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.