The St. Joseph’s College Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Management, and the Long Island Hospitality and Leisure Association invite you to attend the:
HTM SYMPOSIUM: WOMEN IN THE WORKFORCE
Friday, September 12, 2014
8-10 a.m. in the McGann Conference Center, O’Connor Hall
St. Joseph’s College
Long Island Campus
155 West Roe Boulevard
Patchogue, NY 11772
PANELISTS DISCUSSION BY
Long Island Hilton of Melville
Marriott Residence Inn of Plainview
New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association
Center for Workforce Readiness at North Shore-LIJ
Assemblyman Chad Lupinacci
Member of the NYS Committee on Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development
MODERATOR FOR THE EVENT
Principal, Concorde Hotel Group
President, Long Island Hospitality and Leisure Association
Mike Johnston has more than 30 years of hotel and hospitality industry experience, including numerous positions in corporate management, operations and human resources. He has served as general manager at city, suburban and airport locations, and has been personally involved in numerous hotel openings, acquisitions and repositionings.
Johnston possesses extensive knowledge in all aspects of the hospitality industry. As past president of the Long Island Hotel & Lodging Association and current chair of the board of directors for the Long Island Convention & Visitors Bureau, Johnston is a recognized leader within the industry with a long track record of success. The New York State Hospitality & Tourism Association recognized Johnston as Hotel Executive of the Year in 2009. Johnston is also a professor at Nassau Community College, teaching hospitality and tourism.
In addition to his wide range of industry experience, Johnston has spearheaded numerous charitable events in an effort to give back to the community and sits on numerous local and regional industry advisory boards.
WITH CLOSING REMARKS BY
John C. Tsunis, Esq.
Chairman, Board of Gold Coast Bank
Chairman, NYS Hospitality and Tourism Association
Owner, Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook
John C. Tsuins, Esq., opened his law practice in 1977, specializing in real estate, zoning, commercial transactions and banking law. He is the current Chairman of the Board of Gold Coast Bank in Islandia, New York, and serves as a member of its executive and loan committees. He is the former Vice Chairman and General Counsel for Long Island Commercial Bank (Islandia, NY) and member of its board of directors, executive committee, and loan committees.
He is the owner of Holiday Inn Express Stony Brook and is active in real estate development transactions, hotel management and development, a Member of the Board of Gover- nors of Touro Law School, Incoming Chairman of New York State Convention and Tourism Association, President of Tsunis Family Foundation Inc., past chair of the Stony Brook University Medical Center Children’s Hospital Task Force, past President of the Three Village Chamber of Commerce and active in other philanthropic endeavors. He was recently honored by the Village Times Herald as Man of the Year and resides in Poquott, New York with his wife Laura and son Charlie.
This event is free and open to the public. For more information or to RSVP, contact 631.687.1285 or email@example.com.
- Adolescence Education
- Biology Major
- Biology Minor
- Biology — Secondary Education
- Environmental Studies Minor
- Medical Technology Major
- Medical Technology Major (Professional)
- Biology Courses
- Business Administration and Marketing
- Child Study
- Communication Studies
- Criminal Justice
- English Major
- English Minor
- English — Secondary Education
- Film/Media Minor
- English Courses
- General Studies
- Health Administration
- History Major
- History Minor
- History, Social Studies — Secondary Education
- American Studies Minor
- History Courses
Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Major
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Major (Professional)
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Courses
- Human Relations
- Human Services
- Journalism and New Media Studies
Mathematics and Computer Science
- Computer Information Technology Major
- Computer Information Technology Major (Professional)
- Computer Information Technology Minor
- Mathematics/Computer Science Major
- Computer Science Minor
- Mathematics B.A. Major
- Mathematics B.S. Major
- Mathematics Minor
- Mathematics — Secondary Education
- Math Lab
- Math Clinic
- High School Programming Competition
- Mathematics and Computer Science Courses
- Spanish Major
- Spanish - Secondary Education
- Spanish Minor
- Latino Studies Minor
- Modern Languages Courses
- Physical Education
- Chemistry Major
- Chemistry Minor
- Chemistry — Secondary Education
- Physical Sciences Courses
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Religious Studies
- Social Sciences
- Alcoholism and Addictions Counseling (Professional)
- Applied Sociology
- Care Management (Professional)
- Counseling (Professional)
- Criminology/Criminal Justice
- Criminology/Criminal Justice (Professional)
- Gerontology (Professional)
- Health Care Management (Professional)
- Home Care Administration (Professional)
- Hospice (Professional)
- Human Resources
- Human Resources (Professional)
- Information Technology Applications
- Information Technology Applications (Professional)
- Leadership and Supervision (Professional)
- Management (Professional)
- Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations (Professional)
- Religious Studies
- Training and Staff Development (Professional)
- Accounting M.B.A.
- Childhood or Adolescent Special Education with an Annotation in Severe and Multiple Disabilities M.A.
- Executive M.B.A.
- Health Care Management M.B.A.
- Health Care Management M.B.A. — Health Information Systems Concentration
- Human Services Leadership M.S.
- Infant/Toddler Early Childhood Special Education M.A.
- Literacy and Cognition M.A.
- Management M.S. — Health Care Management Concentration
- Management M.S. — Human Resources Management Concentration
- Management M.S. — Organizational Management Concentration
- Mathematics Education M.A.
- Nursing M.S. — Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Nursing M.S. — Nursing Education
- Advanced Certificates
- Graduate Degrees
- Organizational Management
- Human Resources Certificate
- Leadership and Supervision Certificate
- Executive M.B.A.
- Advanced Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Advanced Certificate in Human Services Leadership
- Dual Degree Programs
- Study Abroad
- Course Catalog/Schedule