A message from Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management Gigi Lamens
There has never been a better time for your students to join St. Joseph’s College. Here’s why:
- Having the lowest tuition of any private institution on Long Island and in the New York Metropolitan area, SJC remains one of the most affordable private colleges around.
- Our small class size and student-to-faculty ratio of 15:1 fosters a personalized educational experience with access to faculty who are experts in their fields.
- U.S. News and World Report and Forbes Magazine consistently rate SJC among the best colleges in the Northeast.
- Our new athletic facility
- Study abroad opportunities enable our students to travel overseas and gain academic credit. Students may opt to study abroad for a week, a semester or over the summer in countries such as New Zealand, France, Nicaragua, Ireland, Spain and many more.
- New major in medical technology being offered as of fall 2011.
- SJC is one of four institutions in New York, and the only four-year institution in the region, that has earned the Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism and Related Professions (COAPRT) accreditation, a standard of academic excellence in the disciplines of therapeutic recreation and leisure studies
- We have two state-of-the-art campuses with Wi-Fi access, multiple computer labs, Smart Boards, online classes, remote classrooms and more.
And that’s just the beginning!
Guided by our mission of providing a strong academic and value-oriented education, SJC is dedicated to excellence and an accountability to pursue a path grounded in almost 100 years of tradition. Rooted in the liberal arts, our curriculum focuses on learning, discovery, engagement and career preparation. SJC is poised to provide a rich and unique educational experience. Our goal is to prepare each student for a life characterized by integrity, intellectual and spiritual values, social responsibility and service.
We fully recognize the significant impact you have on the futures of your students. Assisting students and parents in navigating the complicated college search and admissions process helps to diminish the pressure they feel at this crucial time in their lives. We are sincerely grateful to you for all that you do.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if ever we can be of assistance to you or your students. Also, please peruse our School Counselor web pages for helpful information.
I look forward to working with you throughout the coming year.
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management