Blue Stars and Yellow Ribbons, The St. Joseph’s College Veterans Community Initiative, presents
VETERANS AWARENESS WEEK
Monday, November 11, to THURsday, November 14
Please join us as we honor all veterans and show our appreciation for the tremendous sacrifices they have made for our country.
McGann Conference Center, O’Connor Hall
An annual ceremony to honor all veterans both at the College and in the community.
Shea Conference Center, O’Connor Hall
Student veterans will share their stories and answer questions about deployment, military culture, etc.
Board Room, O’Connor Hall
A show of artwork in a variety of media created by the veterans from the Northport Veterans Administration and the Long Island State Veterans Home. A short talk will be given by art therapist Gina Trezza, followed by a reception.
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Gymnasium, Danzi Athletic Center
Explore the variety of services and organizations that support veterans in our community, such as:
- Northport VA Mobile clinic — free flu shots, VA eligibility services
- Veterans Administration — disability and education services
- Northport VA — adaptive sports demonstration; kayaks, bicycle, fly fishing
- North Shore LIJ — veterans employment recruitment and résumé writing workshop
- Veterans Health Alliance
- PFC Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer Support Project
- Suffolk County Veterans Service Agency (unemployment and other veteran specific benefits)
Common HourWe will be collecting items for care packages to send to our soldiers serving overseas in Kuwait on Thursday during Common Hour in the Cafeteria. We will also be collecting items throughout Veterans Awareness Week, as well as other times during the fall and spring semesters. Look for donation boxes around campus. To learn more about how you can help, and for a list of suggested items, click here!
For further information on any of these events, please contact Steven Fuchs at 631.687.2625 or email@example.com, or Shannon O’Neill at 631.687.2678 or firstname.lastname@example.org.