How to Apply
Prospective students may apply with a writing sample (10 pages of poetry, 20 pages of prose, or a 20-page excerpt from a play), a letter of interest, two recommendation letters, and a CV. If you have any questions or need help with the application process, please e-mail us at [email protected]. Click here to begin the application.
Applicants should possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university. Successful waiver of this requirement depends on significant publication and/or an accomplished literary work history, and is granted at the discretion of the vice president for academic affairs.
Priority Application Submission Date: March 1
- Applications submitted by March 1 will be considered for the most competitive Foundry Fellowships.
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25 (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni).
- An official copy of transcripts: Include all universities and colleges where grades were earned for undergraduate and graduate work.
- 10 pages of poetry, or 20 pages of fiction or creative non-fiction.
- Current resume.
- 500-word personal statement: Reveal something about yourself that we may not otherwise see from other parts of your application; also state why you wish to pursue graduate study (think of this as another sample of your writing).
- Two letters of recommendation written by instructors or colleagues who know your writing and are best able to assess your potential for graduate study.