High School Poster Session Registration and FAQ
23rd Annual High School Poster Session
Saturday, February 9, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“4D Nanoscale Printing”
Professor Adam Braunschweig, Ph.D., CUNY Advanced Science Research Center, Nanoscience Initiative Team
Jill Rehmann, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chairperson, Department of Physical Science
Use the links below to register as a presenter or guest/mentor/teacher.
- How do I register for the St. Joseph’s Poster Session?
Students can register by clicking here.
- Who can participate?
This competition is open to high school students in the Metropolitan New York Area, grades 9-12.
- If I entered the competition last year, can I register for the next event?
Yes! St. Joseph’s High School Research Poster Session is an annual event. Students may register each year they wish to participate.
- Where is St. Joseph’s College located?
St. Joseph’s College, Brooklyn Campus is located at 245 Clinton Ave Brooklyn, NY 11205.
- How do I get to St. Joseph’s College?
For direction please visit www.sjcny.edu/brooklyn/about/directions.
- What is the attire for the event?
Students should dress professionally in business attire.
- What time should students arrive to set up their poster?
Students should arrive at 9:00 am to set up posters.
- Where should students go to set up their posters?
Students participating in the poster session should report to the registration desk upon arrival (245 Clinton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205). You will be assigned a location at the registration desk.
- Can students bring anyone to accompany them?
Students may bring guests (parents, teachers, research advisors). All guests must register for the event by clicking here.
- What is the schedule of events?
9 to 9:30 a.m. Arrival/setup/refreshments
9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Judging
11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Keynote speaker
12:30 to 1 p.m. Awards
- What should students bring with them to the event?
We suggest you bring a self-standing tri-fold poster board. If you have a printed poster, you can use a tri-fold poster board and attach your poster with binder clips. Please bring all materials you may need for your poster such as tri-fold poster board, clips, etc.
- How is judging done?
Students will be judged by scientists working in the industry and academia. Students should expect to be judged by multiple judges.
- What awards are granted at the St. Joseph’s Poster Session?
Every high school student registered will receive a participation certificate. There are also two first place certificates awarded, two second place certificates awarded, and several honorable mentions awarded. Prizes will be given to the four winning presenters.
- Is the St. Joseph’s Poster Session only for individual work or can teams enter?
We welcome entries from both individual and group research projects but each member of a group must register if he/ she will attend the event.