In order to qualify for any of the discounts, scholarships or grants listed below, all students must complete a St. Joseph’s College Application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application. In addition, students must fulfill all admissions requirements for their given program. All discounts are based on the current tuition for the current academic year.
Students enrolled in a masters degree program at SJC, who do not qualify for any other institutional aid may be considered for the Alumni Academic Excellence Award and the Alumni Grant if their GPA is 3.4 or higher. If their GPA is below 3.4 they will qualify for the Alumni Grant only.
- Graduates of St. Joseph's College may be considered for the Alumni Academic Excellence Award and the Alumni Grant if their GPA is 3.4 or higher. If their GPA is below 3.4 they will qualify for the Alumni Grant only. The student will receive two graduate courses discounted from their program.
Alumni Academic Excellence Award
- Students who received a bachelor's degree from St. Joseph's College with a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher may be eligible to receive one free credit in the first semester of their graduate program
Masters in Education
Students applying to the Masters in Education who are not eligible for the Alumni grants may be eligible for one of the following. If you have graduated from St. Joseph's College, please note the Alumni Grants above for your consideration
Academic Grants are contingent upon students enrolling in at least 6 credits per semester and maintaining the proper GPA each semester.
Graduate Education Scholastic Achievement Grant
- $1,250 grant per semester awarded to students with GPA of 3.500 and higher
Graduate Education Merit Grant
- $950 grant per semester awarded to students with GPA between 3.250 and 3.490
Graduate Education Incentive Grant
- $750 grant per semester awarded to students with GPA between 3.000 and 3.249
St. Joseph’s College offers various discounts to personnel and staff members of certain entities. Discount programs vary and are subject to change. Discount programs may not be combined with any other institutional grants or scholarships. To be considered, students must complete an annual verification form which can be obtained from the Office of Financial Aid. Please consult with an Admissions or Financial Aid Counselor for more information.
25% discount for the following organization(s)
- Brookhaven Hospital
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- Long Island Railroad
- National Grid
- Northwell Health
- Suffolk County Water Authority
30% discount for the following organization(s)
- Uniformed Personnel
- NYC Corrections
- NYC Court Officers
- NYC Court Clerks
- Catholic Charities
- Suffolk County Association of Municipal Employees (Human Services Leadership M.S. only)
- Brooklyn Diocesan Teachers (Literacy and Cognition and Special Education only)