"MY ABILITY IS STRONGER THAN MY DISABILITY."
The Recreation Club promotes awareness and raises money for causes such as the Breast Cancer Walk, ALS Walk, the MS Walk, etc.
The Recreation Club is not really a club about playing games as people may think, it is about giving back and giving a help hand to those in need. We show that we care about everyone whether they have a disability or not. We want to show others that someone's life doesn't stop due to their disability. As a club we show and express that people who have disabilities are as equally important as people without disabilities, and that they should live everyday of their lives to the fullest.
- Annual presentation of the "What is Recreation?" event
- Annual gift giving, caroling at Center for Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Annual participation in the MS Walk and the Breast Cancer Walk
- Annually host the Metropolitan Chapter of New York State Recreation and Parks Society's professional conference
- Annually host the ALS Ride for Life talk with Chris Pendergast
- Annually send students to the Downstate Recreation Conference in Westchester
- Had a Street Games event where we played games from our childhood in spring of 2015
- We help out at Teen Club Night at Our Lady Help of Christians Church