Sharon Friedman-Urevich, D.N.P., R.N., F.N.P.-B.C.
SJC Long Island
- O'Connor Hall, Room N322B
Doctor of Nursing Practice, Stony Brook University
Master of Science Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, C.W. Post - Long Island University
Bachelor of Science Nursing, C.W. Post - Long Island University
Diploma Registered Professional Nurse, Middletown Psychiatric Center
Assistant professor at St. Joseph’s College in Brooklyn, NY in the Department of Nursing, since 2011. Teach across the blended undergraduate RN to BSN completion program, and the graduate CNS/ Nurse Educator programs.
Continues to practice at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, NY, as a member of the Winthrop Comprehensive Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Care Center, and is involved in numerous clinical trials. Founder and past president of the Long Island MS Nurse’s Society and a member of the Advisory Board of the Winthrop MS Center.
- Nursing Spectrum's nurse excellence award for "Advancing and Leading the Profession."
- US Olympic torchbearer summer games, 2004.
Scholarly & Professional Interests
- Member SJC IRB Committee.
- Educational Panelist for Shadow Health Digital Clinical Experience.
- Integration of Human Patient Simulation in health assessment.
- Speaker MS community education programs sponsored by the
- MS Association of America, and Winthrop's Comprehensive Care Center.
- Sub-investigator for clinical trials in MS.
Gottesman, M., Patrick, P., Cheng, D., Boylan, E., McNall, A., Friedman-Urevich, S., Ye, S., Guardado, J. "The Effect of IV (Methylprednisolone) On Glucose and Blood Pressure in MS Patients (CMSC abstract CG01)." International Journal of MS Care, 2013; 15 (suppl 3): 37.
Gladstone, D., Gottesman, M., Friedman-Urevich, S., Sibony, P., Melville, P. "High dose cyclophosphamide for Moderate to severe refractory multiple sclerosis: 2-year follow-up," American Journal of Therapeutics, 2011; 18(1): 23-30.
Gottesman, M., Friedman-Urevich, S., Boylan, E., Cheng, D. "Neutralizing Antibodies to 500ug Interferon beta-1b; 28-month Results of the IDEAS extension trial," Multiple Sclerosis Journal, December 2009.
Friedman-Urevich, S., Gottesman, M. "Interferon beta-1b (Betaferon/ Betaseron) is well tolerated at a dose of 500ug: Interferon dose escalation assessment of safety (IDEAS)," Multiple Sclerosis Journal, 2006.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde