SJCNY Spring 2021 - Financial Aid

SJCNY Spring 2021 - Financial Aid

Ready. Set. Reopen

Updated: 12/9/2020

The Office of Financial Aid is here to serve you. Please reach out to our team of experienced professionals for assistance with navigating the financial aid process.

This page will be updated as more information becomes available. Please check back in the coming weeks.

Type at least 3 characters to search the items below.

Is there still time to apply for financial aid for the spring 2021 semester?

Absolutely! Please complete the 2020-21 FAFSA online at the Federal Student Aid website. Be sure to list E00505 for the Long Island campus or 002825 for the Brooklyn campus. If you are a New York resident and plan on being a full-time undergraduate student, please also complete the New York State TAP application. There will be a link on the FAFSA confirmation page, or you may wait approximately one week after submitting the FAFSA and apply at the NYS Higher Education Services Corporation website. A FAFSA with a valid EFC must be received prior to your last date of enrollment in order to be considered for financial aid. 

How can I submit documents to the Office of Financial Aid right now?

Currently, the best way to submit your documents is either via fax or U.S. postal mail. We do not recommend e-mailing documents with sensitive information (such as tax returns) because it may not be secure. 

SJC Brooklyn

SJC-Office of Financial Aid
155 W. Roe Blvd.
Patchogue, NY  11772                                            
Fax: 631.650.2525

SJC Long Island

SJC-Office of Financial Aid
245 Clinton Avenue 
Brooklyn, NY 11205 
Fax: 718-940-5312

How can I get in touch with the Office of Financial Aid?

You may contact us via phone or e-mail. We are also available to meet via Zoom or Google Hangouts. For general questions or to set up a virtual appointment please call or e-mail us at:

SJC Brooklyn

[email protected]

SJC Long Island

[email protected]

Visit one of  the following pages to contact your Financial Aid Counselor directly:

What is the tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year? 

SJC has frozen tuition for the 2020-2021 academic year - there will be no increase to rates from 2019-2020 to 2020-2021. Specific tuition information may be found here:

I submitted my 2020-21 FAFSA (listing 2018 tax year information). What can I do if there has been a significant change to my or my family’s income?

You may apply for a special circumstance consideration. Please complete this request form and return it to the Office of Financial Aid along with a personal statement describing the loss of income, and copies of 2018 and 2019 federal tax returns and W2 forms, letter of termination, last pay stub received and unemployment benefits if applicable. Once we receive your request form, we will contact you if additional information or documentation is required. Please allow a minimum of two to three weeks for processing time as we expect a high volume of these requests. 

I am experiencing an emergency financial need and I am having difficulty paying my tuition. Who can I speak to? 

Please contact your Financial Aid counselor as soon as possible. Contact information may be found at the following links:

I have a Bursar hold on my account that is preventing me from registering, who can I speak with?

If you have applied for and received all financial aid that you are eligible for, you should contact the Bursar’s Office. The Bursar’s Office may be reached at [email protected]. If you are not sure whether or not you have applied for financial aid, or utilized full eligibility, please contact your Financial Aid counselor using the information available at one of the links below. 

I have a past due balance on my account from a previous semester. Who should I contact? 

If the balance is from spring 2020, please contact the Bursar’s office at [email protected]. After an academic year ends, it is no longer possible to process additional financial aid. Students may look into alternative loans through private lenders that allow borrowing for a past due balance.  If the balance is from summer 2020, please check with your Financial Aid counselor first to ensure that you have exhausted all financial aid options.