Tenure-track position in the History Department
October 31, 2018
SJC Long Island
The Department of History at St. Joseph’s College, Patchogue, NY invites applications for a tenure-track position in Latin American history beginning August 2019. Specialization is open to all thematic areas and historical periods.
Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- PhD in history or advanced ABD with defense scheduled by Summer 2019.
- Ability to teach survey courses in Latin American history (e.g. colonial Latin America and modern Latin America)
- Ability to develop and teach introductory survey courses in history beyond the United States and Europe including specific historical themes and concepts in global/world history
- Willingness to develop and teach online courses
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Sample syllabi
- Copies of student evaluations (if available)
- One writing sample (preferably an article or book/dissertation chapter)
- 3 confidential reference letters
Candidates should submit cover letter, C.V., sample syllabi, student evaluations, and writing sample in a single PDF document to [email protected].
Confidential letters of reference should be sent under separate cover to the same email address ([email protected]).
St. Joseph's College, NY is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/D/V.
St. Joseph’s College, NY will not sponsor work visas for this position.
Review of applications will begin on December 10, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.