Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Literacy and Special Education
March 15, 2019
SJC Long Island
The Child Study Department at St. Joseph’s College, Long Island Campus, seeks a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Literacy and Special Education. The faculty of the Department of Child Study believes that the knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for effective teaching can best be acquired by translating theory into practice. Child Study faculty work to improve education for all learners.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Earned a doctoral degree, ABD considered with clear timeline for completion.
- Have expertise/certification in both literacy and special education.
- Experience teaching undergraduate and graduate courses, across several programs.
- Experience advising students.
- Ability to provide service to the department and the broader St. Joseph’s community.
- Knowledge of innovative and instructional approaches to work effectively with a wide range of ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse students
- Experience teaching in online learning environments
- Priority will be given to applicants who have an established and ongoing program of research.
The review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, materials should be received by April 1, 2019. All information should be sent to: Dr. Renee White at [email protected].
PLEASE INDICATE THE JOB POSITION YOU'RE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
Interested candidates should submit:
• Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position
• Current curriculum vitae
• Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
• Unofficial transcripts
• Three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
• ABD candidates, include a letter from advisor stating anticipated date of completion.
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.