Childhood/Adolescent Literacy Professor
March 15, 2019
SJC Long Island
The individual in this position will have expertise and teaching responsibilities in the area of literacy, and will teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the elementary, and adolescent programs.
Required Skills/ Qualifications
- Earned doctorate in literacy and/or reading. ABD considered, with clear timeline for completion
- Teaching and research expertise in evidence-based literacy practices
- Potential for and/or established line of research
- Experience in teaching literacy/ reading students in grades K-6,
- Experience teaching reading/literacy education in higher education graduate and undergraduate settings
- Experience with literacy assessment, diagnosis, and interventions
- Knowledge of innovative and instructional approaches to work effectively with a wide range of ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse students
- Experience teaching in online learning environments
- Experience in high school teaching (7-12 certification in some area would be ideal)
- Experience in adolescent literacy
- Strong in instructional technology
The review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, materials should be received by April 1, 2019. All information should be sent to: Dr. Renee White at [email protected].
PLEASE INDICATE THE JOB POSITION YOU'RE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR EMAIL.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers
- ABD candidates, include a letter from advisor stating anticipated date of completion.
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.