Senior Administrative Assistant – Accounts Payable
April 3, 2019
SJC Long Island
Office of Business Affairs
This position will perform accounts payable duties for St. Joseph’s College and will report to the Controller.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Request for Disbursement (RFD) paperwork, invoices, and other documents for accuracy before entering into the College’s accounting software to issue payment
- Request forms (such as, W-9, Transfer of Funds, Addendums, and New Vendor Forms etc.) from the appropriate personnel if needed, to ensure the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable department runs smoothly
- Check department budgets for available funds and advise budget officers of overages
- Check for appropriate approval signatures on RFD forms
- Accurately enter information into the College’s accounting software to ensure payment to vendors/individuals and print reports to be audited by the audit team.
- Review any entries made by the Accounts Payable Administrative Assistant and sign off once corrections have been completed
- Assist and update Accounts Payable Manual with changes to policy and procedure as needed.
- Coordinate leasing for Copier, Fax, Postage equipment contracts
- Maintain Fiscal Year Utility Analysis for Long Island Campus
- Act as vendor gatekeeper for Accounts Payable and maintain W-9 files
- Reconcile vendor statements and inquiries
- Act as a liaison between faculty, staff and outside vendors regarding payments
- Make necessary copies of deferrals/accruals vouchers
- File original RFD forms after payment has been issued
- Create new folders for the new fiscal year and Remove and Maintain old folders for storage from the previous fiscal year. The College keeps files for 7 years and shreds everything else.
- Locate and pull RFD's for audit purposes
- Prepare a "Checks to be Held" list weekly for the auditors to pull hold items from check batch
- Maintain Federal Express and UPS accounts billing and allocation of charges
- Responsible for approving orders, ordering, receiving, distributing and preparing the RFDs for letterhead, office, copier and postage machine supplies
- Any other tasks as determined by the Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Assistant Controller or Budget Director
Skills and Competencies
- Comfortable with technology and good knowledge of MS Office.
- Must have excellent data entry skills and good attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage time and multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, accomplish goals, and meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Must possess a customer-service driven and team-oriented approach.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with peers, supervisors, other college personnel.
- Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague a plus.
- Paperless/document imaging experience in accounts payable a plus.
- Accounting, finance or business degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounts Payable experience.
- Higher Education experience preferred.
Please send all resumes to the attention of Marion Kowalski, Controller to [email protected].
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.