Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
April 5, 2019
Reports to the Director of Alumni Engagement
The Associate Director of Alumni Engagement for SJC Brooklyn will be a vital part of the alumni team and will be responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of programs and events that strategically engage alumni and support SJC through service, leadership and advocacy. Will work as part of the Institutional Advancement team to enhance philanthropy. In addition, will support the interaction of the mission, strategic plan, goals and interests of the College.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set strategic goals and objectives to oversee planning and implementation of alumni programs and events for affinity groups specific to Brooklyn alumni.
- Oversee daily operations, including annual planning and goal setting, program budget development and expenditures for alumni programs.
- Measure and assess alumni activities, events and programs — provide reports on program success, event participation and cost-related expenditures.
- Actively seek alumni benefits within (but not limited to) the local community.
- Plan Spring Reunion Weekend
- Manage reunion committee(s) and class agent program
- Oversee logistics, pre-event preparations, communications, volunteer management, marketing and outreach for annual event
- Conduct post event evaluations and assessments
- Work with development team to utilize reunion giving programs — helping cultivate and support a culture of philanthropy
- Build partnerships with campus academic and administrative departments to optimize alumni participation.
- Liaise to the Department of Athletics
- Engage alumni athletes in the life of the College
- Co-host annual alumni game(s) and family activities
- Work with coaches/staff to maintain alumni affinity and support
- Serve on the Bears Hall of Fame committee
- Liaise to Office of Enrollment Management (Admissions & Financial Aid)
- Participate in annual events on behalf of the alumni office and Alumni Association
- Secure alumni volunteers for various events and programs as needed
- Work with admissions office to utilize alumni testimonials in admissions view books, ads, website and other office communications
- Utilize alumni to assist with annual admissions events and programs, including but not limited to, Open House and Admitted Student Day
- Manage alumni grant applications, letters and outreach
- Liaise to the Department of Athletics
- Work with Office of Marketing and Communications to prepare event-related materials, marketing, advertising for alumni programs and events
- Engage in prospect management with an assigned portfolio and assist the IA development staff in strategizing and cultivating relationships.
- Maintain accurate and up to date information on alumni death notices, In Memoriam section of SJCNY magazine and plan annual Memorial Mass for SJC community and alumni.
- Collaborate with IA Development Team to strategize ways to involve alumni — cultivating donors in creative ways and connecting through stewardship opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are a must. Confidentiality and discretion are required. Must be professional, organized, creative and efficient, and able to work successfully as part of a team. Required qualifications also include a bachelor’s degree with five plus years of experience in alumni engagement or a related field; and the availability to work nights and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preference will be given to applicants with experience in alumni relations; working with volunteer boards; Raiser’s Edge and/or Blackbaud Net Community knowledge a plus.
Applicants should send a resume to the St. Joseph’s College Office of Institutional Advancement at [email protected].
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.