Associate Director of Operations
May 24, 2019
Title Position Reports To: Director of Operations, Enrollment Management
The Associate Director of Operations is responsible for oversight and leadership of the Welcome Center and experience for individuals and groups visiting or contacting the College. This role also serves as the primary liaison to the Senior Associate Director in support of larger on-campus admissions and enrollment events, and will assist in the supervision of the Student Tour Guide program. Additionally, the Associate Director will serve as the point of contact to the pre-college programs and will assist with admissions processing activities; including data integrity, data imports, letter generation, documentation and training.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Welcome Center and Visit Experience
- Supervise and provide leadership for the Visit SJC Brooklyn program which includes activities such as campus tours, counselor appointments and group tours. This will require the Associate Director to conduct on going staff training and ensure appropriate coverage for the Welcome Center.
- Manage the daily Campus Tour, Meet with a Counselor, Financial Aid Appointment, ACES Interviews and Meetings and group tour experience for both prospective and admitted students.
- Provide enhancements for the Welcome Center experience and campus and group tours.
- Supervise one full-time position who supports the activities of the Welcome Center.
Campus Based Events and Student Tour Gide program
- Provide support to the Senior Associate Director for Admissions Events for all major campus based enrollment events (Open House, Admitted Students Day, Information Sessions, Transfer Days, etc). This will include support with logistical planning and scheduling; coordinating meetings and building relationships with campus partners; and communicating details, directions, agendas, and expectations with participants.
- In collaboration with the Senior Associate Director, the role will develop and implement the training programs for Student Tour Guides and conduct bi monthly meetings.
- Provide support and act as a direct liaison to the pre-college programs including College Experience, High School Bridge programs and ACES Summer programs.
- Maintain current and accurate supporting documentation of the current processes within Admissions and Enrollment Management.
- Assist the Director of Operations in managing the processing activities for traditional undergraduate, adult undergraduate and graduate admissions.
Other duties as assigned
- Cover Information Sessions as needed
- Recruit offsite at assigned programs as needed.
- Participate in file review, transcript evaluations, and events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have experience working with admissions data and higher education technology. Experience with the Technolutions, Slate CRM is preferred. Experience with Colleague is also a plus.
- Must have the ability to solve problems and provide good customer service.
- Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends and extended hours, if needed.
- Must be able to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency and importance.
- Must have experience in report writing using Excel and other report writing tools and/or Access databases.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s degree, plus 5 years of prior job related experience preferred. Prior managerial/ supervisory experience necessary, minimum three years is preferred. Experience with Technolutions Slate and Colleague is a plus.
Direct supervision: Welcome Center support staff, campus visit and group tour staff
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, by sending a cover letter and resume to Romeo Sanchez, Director of Operations: [email protected].
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.