Assistant to the Director
June 28, 2019
SJC Long Island
Graduate Management Studies
Primary duties include assisting the Director in providing administrative support to Graduate Management Studies students and faculty. Also, assists with special projects assigned by the Director. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists Director with special projects, e.g. research for new degree programs.
- Maintains academic records for 125+ online students.
- Advises and registers online students
- ADC – Prepares academic histories and letters for online students
- Grades and administers waiver exams for online students via Canvas
- Collaborates with other departments to resolve student issues and concerns
- Provides support to GMS faculty
- Prepares department correspondence, including memos to faculty and staff
- Maintains student research projects and faculty assessment reports
- Tracks team research projects for LI and Online students.
- Maintains Graduation, Leave of Absence and Withdrawn Students Lists for LI and Online students
- Prepares semester schedules/dates
- Prepares registration materials
- Processes department RFDs
- Assists with annual revision of GMS Student Handbook and website
- Compiles data collected from various student and faculty feedback instruments and prepares reports
- Creates assessment reports for Weave
- Coordinates GMS Leadership Scholarship application process
- Coordinates faculty meetings and records minutes
- Assists in preparation of Long Island GMS Budget
- Supervises work study students and summer student employees
Skills and Competencies
- Highly proficient with Excel and Word
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with faculty, students, colleagues, supervisors, and other college personnel
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in using Colleague, Canvas, and Student Planning preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of administrative experience
***Kindly submit resume to Mary Chance at [email protected] ***
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.