July 3, 2019
The instructional technologist reports to the Executive Director of Technology Education and is responsible for providing technology education and training to staff and faculty. This position resides within the Technology Education Department of the Information Technology Services Department and is based primarily on the Brooklyn Campus, but will require travel to the Long Island Campus as needed.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technology education for users of varying skill levels
- Develop training courses for new technology tools or applications
- Develop and maintain clear end user documentation
- In collaboration with colleagues, develop and offer training in creating digital accessible content
- Assist faculty and staff with the creation of digital accessible content
- Provide support to faculty as needed for online/hybrid course development
- Assist with the review of full online/hybrid courses to make sure they meet the course development guidelines
- Stay abreast of new emerging technologies
- Work collaboratively with technical staff regarding projects
Skills and Competencies
- Must have excellent research, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong teaching and presentation skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications; PC and Mac operating systems
- Familiarity with distance learning platforms (e.g., Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle, etc.), web technologies, and instructional technologies relevant to teaching and learning is very highly desirable
- Working knowledge of Google Applications
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with peers, supervisors, other college personnel
- Knowledge of adult learning principles is essential
- Bachelor's Degree required and 1-3 years training experience
- Higher Education experience preferred
*Kindly submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected], attention Maureen Williams, Director of Technology Education.
St. Joseph's College is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.