July 7, 2021
Long Island Campus
Reports to: Vice President for Student Life and Campus Services
Summary: St. Joseph’s College- New York is seeking a Part-Time Event Coordinator to assist the Conference and Event Service Office with logistical services for internal and external events that occur within the College facilities.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Preparation of facility quotes, contracts and invoices
- Responding to facility rental inquiries
- Conducting facility tours
- Providing event supervision for various campus conferences, meetings and events
- Assist clients (both internal and external) with planning and management of events
- Book rooms and spaces for events utilizing software systems
- Liaise with internal service providers to assist with coordinating applicable resources (i.e.security, parking, tables, chairs, A/V, setups, food) needed for events
- Review existing policy and procedures and recommend processes for improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with AD Astra Scheduling System as well as the Microsoft Suite to include Word,Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues with high level customer service response
- Experience working with diverse populations, non-traditional spaces and in inclement weather
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Team player
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to work evenings/weekends necessary
- Travel between campuses on occasion may be necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution with a minimum of three years’ experience in meeting management and/or event planning.
Terms of Employment: 12 month, Part time position | 15-20 hours per week, no more than 999 hours/yr
Resumes should be forwarded to [email protected] with Event Coordinator in Subject Field.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.