Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement
August 18, 2021
Long Island Campus
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement will support the overall operation of the Office of Alumni Engagement. The Assistant Director of Alumni Engagement for SJC Long Island will be a vital part of the alumni team and will be responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of programs and events that strategically engage alumni and support SJC through service, leadership and advocacy. Will work as part of the Institutional Advancement team to enhance philanthropy and alumni engagement. In addition, will support the mission, strategic plan, goals and interests of the College.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create alumni programs and events specific to Long Island and online alumni for affinity groups.
- Work with the Office of Marketing and Communications to prepare event-related materials, marketing, advertising for alumni programs and events.
- Engage in prospect management with an assigned portfolio and assist the IA development staff in strategizing and cultivating relationships.
- Collaborate with IA development team to strategize ways to involve alumni - cultivating donors in creative ways and connecting through stewardship opportunities.
- Build partnerships with various academic and administrative departments to optimize events and alumni participation.
- Collaborate with the Brooklyn alumni team on all aspects of the SJCmentor program.
- Collaborate with the Brooklyn alumni team on SJCwebinars, including developing the program, hosting and marketing.
- Liaise to Office of Career and Professional Development
- Organize relevant programs and events (panels, events, webinars, and workshops) that serve as a networking platform to support professional development of SJC students and alumni
- Secure alumni speakers, panelists, etc. for student interaction and guidance
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Student Life (Multicultural Student Life, Wellness, and Student Leadership and Involvement)
- Sponsor and co-host events that engage current students with alumni.
- Maintain alumni affinity with regard to student leadership experiences and co-curricular clubs/activities.
- Coordinate activities that prepare seniors to enter the Alumni Association.
- Assist with launching the Student Alumni Association.
- Plan Golden Eagles Athletics Reunion/Homecoming in coordination with Long Island alumni team and other special events, including logistics, pre-event preparations, communications, volunteer management and post event evaluations and assessment.
- Work collaboratively with the alumni engagement team on the virtual alumni network, SJCNYconnect, powered by Graduway.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years of experience in alumni relations or a related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a customer service orientation
- and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be professional, organized, creative, efficient, and able to work successfully as part of a team.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with close attention to detail.
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office and G suite (specifically word processing and spreadsheets).
- Experience with Zoom, including using features such as webinars, custom registration
- forms, breakout rooms, etc.
- Experience working with alumni engagement platforms such as Graduway a plus.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Event planning experience is a plus.
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
Please apply by August 30, 2021
Resumes can be emailed to [email protected]
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.