Director of Inclusion and Intercultural Engagement
September 17, 2021
Student Involvement and Student Life
Executive Director of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement
The Director will develop and implement programming that fosters inclusion and encourages intercultural engagement on the Brooklyn Campus of St. Joseph’s College. This position will also work alongside the Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement team to develop supportive spaces and promote a culturally competent and inclusive campus environment. This work will be conducted in alignment with St. Joseph’s College mission, traditions and motto.
- Develop, implement and assess enriched extra-curricular and co-curricular activities and programs that facilitate inclusion and intercultural engagement for the College community with emphasis on engaging students, increasing student participation, and developing student leadership.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and students to plan, organize, and promote initiatives that foster a campus climate of openness to the exploration and understanding of diverse ideas, traditions and cultures.
- Promote diverse community experiences for students, faculty and staff; provide educational resources and expertise, of cultural inclusion, to both internal and external constituents; develop initiatives which include but not limited to the following: conducting trainings and workshops; serving on campus-wide committees
- Support and engage diverse groups of students.
- Serve as a vital team member of the Center for Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement; assist and support the Center’s programs and initiatives which include but are not limited to the following: Orientation; First Year Experience; SJC L.E.A.D; SGA, CAB, and clubs and organizations.
- Serve as Advisor to Campus Clubs/Organizations; Attend and supervise student sponsored activities.
- Participate in key campus-wide programs as directed by the Executive Director
- Provide direct services to students aimed at increasing retention and completion, improving satisfaction, and enhancing overall success.
- Assess and evaluate implemented programs and activities.
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement.
Master’s Degree with 5 years of student affairs experience with progressive responsibility to include experience in residential life, judicial affairs or Title IX administration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment
- Possess a passion for, and knowledge of, cultural inclusion, diversity and social justice issues;
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of issues surrounding underrepresented communities on campus;
- Maintain the highest level of integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner
- Multitask in a fast paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Work independently and self-motivate with limited supervision
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Ellucian; High level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Team oriented with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels with both internal and external constituents.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Able to walk unaided and carry up to 25 lbs.
Term of Employment:
12 month, Full time position
Please email resume:
Shantey Hill at [email protected]
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.