Application Systems Administrator
October 25, 2021
Brooklyn Campus or Long Island Campus
The Application Systems Administrator is part of the Enterprise Systems team who is responsible for support of the services, systems and applications that maintain the operational integrity of St. Joseph’s College technologies. The Application Systems Administrator provides support to the administrative and academic systems and processes. Manages the implementation of application software versions including installations, patches, updates and upgrades. Ensuring long-term stability of applications and assisting in planning infrastructure resources. Works closely with college administration to assess needs, evaluate options, and implement solutions to support daily operations and strategic initiatives of the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain application environments including patches and upgrades on test and production systems
- Work with the college community to assess institutional needs and develop, test, and implement appropriate solutions to address their needs
- Implement, administer and maintain custom integration of data exchanges between enterprise systems applications
- Support enterprise Learning Management System (Canvas), which includes archiving, course and user account maintenance
- Designs, develops, and supports automated processes to support integration with 3rd party interfaces
- Develop and maintain system and process documentation
- Manage email accounts, mailing lists and general-purpose mailboxes
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices and procedures for technology in Higher Education
- Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner with management and end users
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with system administration and software development
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Experience with programming languages
- Create end-user documentation and train administrative staff where appropriate.
- Proficiency in several of the following areas:
- Google Workspace Administration
- Programming Languages
- Learning Management Systems
- Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Powershell
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with ERP systems in higher education
- Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming Languages like Java,C#, or Python
- Experience using Git version control
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint
This opportunity can be based on either the Brooklyn or Long Island campus. There will be some required travel between the campuses, when needed. Please email cover letter, salary requirements and resume to [email protected], Attention: Christopher Burke, Executive Director of Enterprise Systems.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.