Part-Time Administrative Assistant
December 16, 2021
Reports To: Vice President for Student Life and Campus Services
The part-time Administrative Assistant for the Office of the Vice President for Student Life and Campus Services will provide clerical, administrative and college wide project support in a fast paced, multicultural environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills as well as the ability to work well with all members of a diverse college community. He/She will have experience working with senior executives, and excellent computer, organizational, and administrative skills. This position will be housed on the Brooklyn Campus of St. Joseph's College, New York.
- Understand and adhere to the Values, Mission and Vision of St. Joseph’s College
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Student Life and other members of the division including the Executive Director for Student Life and other staff as assigned by the Vice President
- Provide support for activities including managing the Vice President’s schedule/calendar, screening telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and handling administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Organize and facilitate meetings, conferences, and special events as requested; schedule and coordinate dates and times, attendance and agendas and provide administrative support and follow up for meetings as required
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the Vice President regarding a range of topics related to Student Life and Campus Services
- Create, compose, and/or edit administrative correspondence and documentation Screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses as required
- Serve as a primary point of administrative contact and liaise with other offices and individuals on behalf of the Vice President for Student Life
- Utilize knowledge and understanding of operational issues to assist in administrative problem solving including those related to technology and potential needs
- Assist the Vice President for Student Life with Student Programming and Special Events as well as support for activities related to various departments within Student Life
- Assist with the coordination and completion of special projects as requested by the Vice President for Student Life Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment
- Pleasant, courteous and professional demeanor with a commitment to high level customer service
- Maintain the highest level of integrity regarding confidential and proprietary information
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner
- Multitask in a fast paced environment while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Work independently and self-motivate with limited supervision
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Ellucian; High level of proficiency using
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Team oriented with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships at all levels with both internal and external constituents.
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule for occasional evenings and weekends.
- Able to walk unaided and carry up to 10 lbs.
Term of Employment
12 month, Part-time position | 15-20 hours per week, no more than 999 hours/year
High School Diploma
Resumes should be forwarded to [email protected] with Administrative Assistant in the subject field.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.