Senior Application Systems Administrator (ERP - Student Information System)
January 25, 2022
Long Island Campus
The Senior Application Systems Administrator is responsible for the administration of systems and applications that maintain the operational integrity of St. Joseph’s College technologies. The position will be team based and will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and enhancing the institution’s portfolio of enterprise applications. The Administrator will be responsible for designing, creating, and maintaining procedures, scripts, and functions for the Ellucian® Colleague ERP system and related information systems. Included in the various roles of this position is the overall operation of the institution’s self-service web site, which serves the students, faculty, and staff as the web interface to the Ellucian® Colleague ERP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and maintain all upgrades and maintenance for the Ellucian® Colleague ERP system
- Monitor system performance of Ellucian® Colleague ERP system and associated servers
- Install, maintain and support operation of the self-service web sites
- Administrate the change management and patch process with respect to proposed or currently installed software products and assist end-user testing across the institution’s production, test, and development environments
- Monitor error logs, system usage and usage trends and report issues to the client, and identify/correct anomalies when discovered
- Troubleshoot and solve system/software issues
- Design, evaluate and recommend new IT solutions
- Define and document IT best practices, policies, and support procedures
- When system changes occur, document new workflows and processes
- Manage internal and external user permissions
- Securely manage integrations between cloud, hosted and local systems
- Provide technical, system administrative support to integrated document management and imaging software
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of System Administrator experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of enterprise and cloud applications, IT systems and infrastructure
- Knowledge of, and hands on experience deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Working knowledge of relational databases, particularly with Microsoft SQL Server
- Demonstrate ability to manage and prioritize responsibilities while meeting tight deadlines
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong customer service orientation, including the ability to break down complex technical information for non-technical users
- Proficiency in configuring and maintaining Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and Microsoft SQL Server Platforms
- Familiarity with the implementation of ITIL Framework
- Experience with higher-level programming languages (C#, Java, Python) preferred
This job will be based on the Long Island campus and may require some travel between the campuses. Please email cover letter, salary requirements and resume to [email protected], Attention: Christopher Burke, Executive Director of Enterprise Systems.
All employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All prospective faculty and staff not already vaccinated will need to show proof of first dose before their date of hire. Booster shots are also required, if and when eligible. Exemptions may be considered for those with sincerely held religious beliefs and/or documented medical conditions. An exemption needs to be filed and accepted before the date of hire.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.