Associate Director of Alumni Engagement
February 3, 2022
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director of Alumni Engagement will support the Director in identifying and validating new volunteer prospects for cultivation and training, specifically with a view to strengthening the Brooklyn Alumni Board.
The Associate Director of Alumni Engagement for SJC Brooklyn will be a vital part of the alumni team and will be responsible for the planning, implementation and execution of programs and events that strategically engage alumni and support SJC through service, leadership and advocacy. Will work as part of the Institutional Advancement team to enhance philanthropy and alumni engagement. In addition, will support the interaction of the mission, strategic plan, goals and interests of the College.
Position duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Brooklyn Alumni Board meeting management.
- Work with Alumni Board and Advancement leadership to develop strategy and content for meetings, set meetings and all logistics concerning meetings.
- Staff and manage committees.
- Create alumni programs and events specific to Brooklyn affinity groups.
- Measure and assess alumni events and programs.
- Partner with Long Island counterpart on all aspects of the SJCmentor program.
- Partner with Long Island counterpart to create and host SJCwebinars.
- Build partnerships with various academic and administrative departments to optimize events and alumni participation.
- Manage SJConnect, the monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Liaison to Office of Career and Professional Development
- Organize relevant programs and events that serve as a networking platform to support professional development of students and alumni.
- Secure alumni speakers, panelists, etc. for student interaction and guidance.
- Manage Recent Alumni Committee programs focusing on graduates of the last decade.
- Execute events, volunteer activities, programs and benefits.
- Staff and manage committees – recruit alumni to participate.
- Work with Office of Marketing and Communications to prepare event-related materials, marketing, advertising for alumni programs and events.
- Manage Virtual Book Club.
- Engage in prospect management with an assigned portfolio and assist the Institutional Advancement development staff in strategizing and cultivating relationships.
- Collaborate with Institutional Advancement development staff to strategize ways to involve alumni — cultivating donors in creative ways and connecting through stewardship opportunities.
- Plan and expand Brooklyn Bears Spirit Fest.
- Plan Reunion Weekend in coordination with Brooklyn alumni team/special events manager.
- Work collaboratively with the alumni engagement team on the virtual alumni network, SJCNYconnect, powered by Graduway.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum five years of experience in alumni relations or a related field.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working with mentoring programs, professional networks, and/or career services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a customer service orientation and ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Must be professional, organized, creative, efficient, and able to work successfully as part of a team and independently.
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and complete tasks with close attention to detail.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Office and G suite (specifically word processing and spreadsheets).
- Event planning experience a plus.
- Raiser's Edge experience preferred.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Confidentiality and discretion are a must.
- Availability to work some nights and weekends.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
St. Joseph’s College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status of being transgender, age, disability, protected veteran
status, and all other classes protected by federal, state and local laws.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] by March 15, 2022.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.