March 25, 2022
Brooklyn Campus or Long Island Campus
The Programmer/Analyst I is part of the Enterprise Systems team who are responsible for the support of the administrative services, systems and applications that maintain the operational integrity of St. Joseph’s College technologies, including the Ellucian® colleague ERP system, related third party products and custom applications. This individual would also be responsible for custom software development, day-to-day support and administration of the ERP software platform as well as other vital academic, administrative, and business information systems by maintaining / enhancing vendor-delivered and custom software. The Programmer/Analyst is specifically responsible for the design, development, testing, integration, deployment, and maintenance of complex software applications. Also, works closely with college administration to assess needs, evaluate options, and implement solutions to support daily operations and strategic initiatives of the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to end-user support tickets related to applications created and supported by the Enterprise Systems Team. Ensure customer satisfaction throughout this process
- Implement and/or customize vendor software
- Investigate application issues, and identify and implement appropriate solutions
- Work with administration and the Enterprise Systems Team to develop applications to fill business needs of the College as directed by the Strategic and Operational Plans
- Create technical documentation describing program functions (document code), database structures, and integration with other applications
- Designs, develops, and supports automated processes to support integration with 3rd party interfaces
- Provide end-user documentation and work with Enterprise Systems Team, as necessary, to provide training to customers on use of software enhancements to maintain high efficiencies with business processes
- Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner with management and end users
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with software development and version control
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to serve a diverse constituency
- Experience with programming languages
- Create end-user documentation and train administrative staff where appropriate.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office and a variety of Microsoft application development tools
- Must achieve background check clearance
- Experience with ERP systems in higher education
- Knowledge of Object-oriented Programming Languages like Java, Python, and C#
- Experience using Git version control
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft SharePoint
This job may require some travel between the campuses. Please email cover letter, salary requirements and resume to [email protected], Attention: Christopher Burke, Executive Director of Enterprise Systems.
All employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. All prospective faculty and staff not already vaccinated will need to show proof of first dose before their date of hire. Booster shots are also required, if and when eligible. Exemptions may be considered for those with sincerely held religious beliefs and/or documented medical conditions. An exemption needs to be filed and accepted before the date of hire.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.