Senior Administrative Assistant – Adolescence Education Program
April 5, 2022
Long Island Campus
Reports to: Edward J. Vinski – Chairperson Adolescence Education Program
The position is based on the Long Island Campus
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Set up new student files and ensure they remain current throughout a student's time in the AE program.
- Consult with students regarding program and observation requirements. Get any necessary paperwork in order.
- Set up 'Teach Online' accounts with students and review necessary requirements.
- Prepare cooperating teacher letters and stipends.
- Review necessary requirements for student teaching and advise students accordingly.
- Keep students and staff updated on any and all program happenings through email.
- Set up advisement meetings with department chair and students regarding program concerns.
- Review student records to ensure requirements are met - advise students and appropriate faculty accordingly.
- Ensuring in-person availability for students' concerns and questions.
- Maintaining ongoing e-mail correspondence with staff and students on an as needed basis.
- Ongoing collaboration with department chair and placement coordinator.
- Consult with Brooklyn staff if/when necessary.
- Work hand-in-hand with New York State regarding student's requirements.
- Recommend students for initial certification as well as Ed. Leadership programs (SBL and SDL).
- Update and organize student records; archiving records as students complete the program.
- Place orders for necessary program materials such as SCOPE books.
- Prepare all correspondence mailed to students at risk (mail merge, letters and follow up emails).
- Knowledge of Zoom – Hosting meetings on Zoom and Canvas Zoom
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- High School Diploma.
- Mastery of Computer applications including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Forms and managing RSVP lists through Google drive.
- Multitask in an extremely fast paced office while maintaining focus, detail oriented, proofreading work, excellent grammatical skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Mastery of MS office (Word, Excel and Publisher) and Colleague, now named Ellucian.
- High level skills in creating Mail Merge through MS Excel and Word to create letters and labels.
- Strong data entry skills-maintain various lists and update them.
- Strong Verbal skills – constant interaction with offices, students, faculty, and.
- Commitment to Customer Service, desire to serve the College and flexible schedule
Term of Employment: 12 months – Full time position
Please email all resumes to Dr. Edward J. Vinski by April 18, 2022 at [email protected].
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.