Immunization Compliance Manager
April 11, 2022
Brooklyn Campus or Long Island Campus
Reports To: Associate Vice President for Student Life/ Vice President for Student Life
Position Summary: The Immunization Compliance Manager will serve to ensure that faculty, staff and students of St. Joseph’s College adhere to New York State and College mandates surrounding immunization and medical health records. The Compliance Manager will serve as part of the College Health Services team and is expected to work collaboratively when needed to assist in obtaining, recording and interpreting immunization data. This position will be responsible for collecting, maintaining and disseminating correspondence to internal and external groups in relation to immunization compliance and is expected to use sound judgment and confidentiality in doing such. The Immunization Compliance Manager is a full time position that will reside on the Long Island Campus of St. Joseph’s College with oversight of the Brooklyn campus immunization process as well.
- Serve as lead on collection of immunization/health records;
- Maintain and update electronic medical records database;
- Guide students in accurately completing and uploading immunization forms;
- Provide resources/information to students seeking to obtain immunization compliance;
- Aid College constituent groups in understanding immunization requirements and submission deadlines;
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with appropriate New York State Department of Health (DOH) contacts, College offices and departments to achieve compliance with immunization requirements;
- Ensure College compliance with local and state immunization requirements; Ensure deadlines are met;
- Participate in immunization exemption request process;
- Oversee contact tracing efforts to include notification and follow-up;
- Coordinate and support COVID-19 testing clinics;
- Compile and generate immunization compliance reports as needed;
- Serves as a member of the college’s COVID-19 Response Team (CRT);
- Assist in development of policy surrounding health and safety protocols;
- Respond promptly and accurately to correspondence;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Master’s Degree; public health, health care, health administration, public policy, emergency preparedness, or other related discipline preferred.
Experience Required: Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a diverse health care setting. Experience with responding to the COVID-19 pandemic preferred.
Skills, Characteristics Required for Position
- Ability to ensure compliance with HIPAA, FERPA and other confidentiality requirements;
- Experience working with databases;
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks as assigned;
- Ability to communicate successfully with internal and external constituencies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently when required;
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
Candidates Interested in Applying for this position should send resumes to: Janelle Hill, Associate Vice President for Student Life [email protected].
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, handicap, disability, genetic history or predisposition, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies. This policy is implemented in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local statutes or regulations.
St. Joseph's University, New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.