June 7, 2022
Serve as a primary recruiter of prospective students to St. Joseph's University, New York, Brooklyn Campus.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Recruit freshmen, transfer, adult, graduate and international students to St. Joseph's University.
- Interview and host prospective students and meet with their families.
- Evaluate completed freshman and transfer applications for decision, and assign transfer credit.
- Evaluate applicants and award merit based scholarship.
- Cultivate prospects via phone, email and text.
- Represent St. Joseph's University at on campus and off campus recruitment events.
- Act as liaison with departments or projects of assigned special programs.
- Assist with various admissions tasks as directed by the Office of Admissions.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Requirements (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and have the ability to travel.
- Ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, cycle etc.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to drive and travel.
- Ability to work long hours; evenings and weekends.
- St. Joseph’s University requires all in-person students, faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated.
- Bachelor's Degree required, plus 1-2 years related experience preferred.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Stephen Albano, ([email protected]), Director of Undergraduate Admission.
It is the policy of St. Joseph's University not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, age, disability, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, military status, status as a protected veteran, marital status or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, New York State or New York City Law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, educational programs, admissions policies, financial aid, and all other school administered programs or policies.
The University also provides accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans With Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If you need an accommodation during the application process or while employed, please contact Human Resources.