100 Years Romance: French and American Cinema
Our sets for this course will include the Eiffel Tower, the famous cinema houses of Paris, a Parisian film tour including the legendary Cinematheque Francaise, the world-class art museum, the Louvre, and a visit to Cannes during its film festival, with the chance to delight in the French Riviera in Southern France. This backdrop will enrich the course theme, which focuses on the history of relations between French and American film and culture, emphasizing France's influence on Hollywood and vice versa.
May 17-27, 2019 • Cost: $3,209
Class: ENG 213/HIS 370: Film and Society
Course Registration and Eligibility
Go to the Global and Experiential Center- Room 3, O'Connor Hall with your payment. Make all checks payable to St. Joseph's College with a note in the memo line: “France 2019” and the student name. In order to guarantee enrollment in the program, these deadlines must be met.
This program is open to St. Joseph’s College students enrolled in ENG 213/HIS 370: Film and Society.
Program Cost and Deadlines
All deposits are non-refundable. Failure to make payment in accordance with the deadlines could result in the office terminating the participant's enrollment in the program.
$500 deposit, online application, and uploaded passport or proof of passport application are due on December 5, 2018: Allow at least 6 weeks for passport processing.
Balance due date is Monday, February 11, 2019.
See Lena Grasso in Room 3 off the Student Hospitality Lounge with your payment. Make all checks payable to St. Joseph's College with a note in the memo line: France 2019..
The price includes:
- Breakfast in France
- Transportation within the country for activities scheduled on the itinerary
- Entrance fees within the country for activities scheduled on the itinerary
- Roundtrip airfare
The price does not include:
- Transportation to/from JFK
- Additional increases in taxes and fuel surcharges at the time of ticketing
- Additional activities or optional trips
- “On your own meals and trips”
- Personal expenses such as Wi-fi and phone
- Currency fluctuation
- Exceeding the airline’s baggage allowance
Itinerary is subject to change.
- Friday, May 17: Fly from JFK to Nice
- Saturday,May 18: Flight arrives in Nice, located on the French Riviera.
- Sunday, May 19: Visit Cannes, where the film festival is taking place. Tour Picasso’s Museum.
- Monday, May 20- 27: Travel to Paris on May 20. While in Paris students will tour:
- World-class art museum, the Louvre,
- Experience the sites of Paris by a hop-on/hop-off boat tour
- Guided tour of the Cinematheque Paris and Pompidou
- Paris film tour
How to Apply
Directions for applying online:
- Log in to the portal and check off private computer
- Open up your email so you do not time out
- Click here for the application
- Follow the "St Joseph’s Study Abroad Program" checklist
Due to new government regulations, passport information must be provided with your final payment. If you need a new passport, apply immediately.
Without passport information tickets cannot be issued and delays with ticketing may create penalties and/or cancellations without refund. If you don’t have a passport, please apply for it and provide a passport processing receipt with your deposit.
A copy of your passport is due no later than December 5, 2018.