Social Media Photo Contest
This is a voluntary contest for SJC students enrolled in a SJC faculty-led program, and program participants must take the photo during a summer 2018 SJC faculty-led program. Participants should not photograph minors or people who do not want to be photographed (e.g., they are covering their face, turning away, etc.). This contest is not in any way sponsored or endorsed by Instagram. Photos containing alcohol or drug use, images that could be deemed offensive or culturally insensitive will be disqualified.
All photos must be posted no later than July 31, 2018.
Along with the photo, student participants must do the following:
- Follow @SJCNYGlobalStudies on Instagram.
- Tag @SJCNYGlobalStudies in the photo and the caption.
- Use #SJCNYGlobal #SJCNY and category hashtag in entries.
The following are the contest categories with their corresponding hashtag:
- “Can’t get this at home” food, snack, drink. — #SJCNYGlobalEats
- Global issues. — #SJCNYWorldViews
- “I can’t believe I did that!” — #SJCNYTryThis
- Where in the world is Hot Wyngz?! — #SJCNYHotWyngz
- Instant replay- post a short 30 second or less video. — #SJCNYReplay
Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering in the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed in the Global Studies Office, on Global Studies social media platforms, on the SJC website, and/or any other SJC distribution materials without any fee or other form of compensation required. Additionally, you agree that SJC may display winning photos in a "past winners" photo gallery, and may make and retain copies of the photograph for archival purposes.
Photos will be credited to the photographer named in the entry form. Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use on other SJC digital media, without permission from the photographer.
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality and effectiveness in conveying a narrative relationship to the international theme and purpose.