Get connected at SJC using your SJC Network ID
There are various technology resources for students here at SJC to stay connected. To access these resources, you will need to use your provided SJC Network ID and password.
SJC Network ID: first initial last name, ex. jsmith. If this combination is in use, the ID may be followed by a number(s), ex. jsmith6.
If you do not know your SJC Network ID:
- On campus, please see a lab assistant located in one of the following locations:
Brooklyn: Student Technology Help Desk located in Room 302 in McEntegart Hall.
Long Island: Room B-6 in the Business and Technology Center.
- Off campus, please go to mysjc.sjcny.edu. Click the “MySJC ID Lookup" link and complete the required fields and click the Submit button. Your SJC Network ID will be displayed on screen.
Password: The initial of your first name in upper-case, the initial of your last name in lowercase, followed by your six digit date of birth (MMDDYY). Please exclude any dashes or slashes (ex. If your name is John Doe, and DOB is February 6, 1916, then your default password is Jd020616.)
Password Change: Upon first time logging in, you will be prompted to change your password to a complex password. The password requirements are as follows:
- Must contain at least eight characters
- May not contain your username
- Must meet at least three of the following character group requirements:
- One uppercase letter
- One lowercase letter
- One digit
- One special character
Password Enrollment Services: Upon first login to a campus computer or the MySJC portal, you will be required to enroll in St. Joseph’s College Password Reset Service.
You will not be able to access SJC systems without enrollment. In the event that you forget your SJC Network ID password, this service will allow you to reset your password. You will be required to remember answers to three questions that will be provided to you during the enrollment process.
SJC Resources on Mobile Devices
Canvas Student App
The Canvas Student app is the mobile version of Canvas that helps students stay current with their courses anywhere. This app is available for iOS and Android device users. Click here to access additional information about the Canvas Student App.
Google Apps on Mobile
With a mobile device, you can receive real-time Google push email, contacts, calendars and tasks. In order to receive your SJC email directly on one or more of your mobile devices, you will have to use a “Google Apps” password. Click here to access more information about Google Apps on Mobile.
Accessing SJC Resources
Many resources are accessible through the St. Joseph’s College portal for students. MySJC (http://mysjc.sjcny.edu) includes information about campus life, academics and student services. We recommend that within the first two weeks of classes, students log into MySJC and:
- Access WebAdvisor. Check your schedule, grades, register and pay your bill.
- Access Canvas. Please note that each instructor has the option to use Canvas with his/her course. Not all courses are Canvas enabled.
- Access your SJC Google Apps account.
- You should also log into a campus computer using your SJC Network ID and password.