McEntegart Laptop Loan Agreement
When I borrow a laptop computer from the Library, I understand and agree to the following:
I am responsible for the laptop, including the power adaptor. If they are damaged, lost or stolen, I am financially responsible for all related costs ($500 replacement fee plus a $50 Library processing fee for the laptop).
- I will return it in the same condition as when I borrowed it.
- I will not leave it unattended.
- I will take it with me if there is an emergency evacuation of the building.
- I will not loan it to anyone else.
- I will return it on time. Otherwise, I will be responsible for paying the fine.
- I will not change or tamper with the hardware or the software.
I understand that data cannot be saved to this computer. When it is powered down or logged off all data will be lost. All work must be saved to a USB drive.
- Only current SJC students/faculty/staff members may borrow a laptop. A valid SJC ID card with a current semester sticker is required.
- SJC Student ID card will be kept at the circulation desk during the laptop loan period.
- Laptops are loaned for a 4 hour period. No automatic renewals or holds are allowed.
- Laptops can be renewed only at the Circulation Desk.
- Overdue fines for laptops are $5 per half-hour or any part thereof, up to a maximum fine of $500 dollars for the laptop (reduced to $100 upon return of the laptop).
- Students will be charged $550.00 for laptops that are lost, stolen or damaged beyond repair.
- An overdue laptop will result in a “block” on borrower’s account until the item is returned.
- When the laptop is returned, borrower must give it to a staff member and wait for it to be checked-in. Staff member will examine it, and power it up to confirm that it is in the same condition it was in when it went out.
- Laptops are due half an hour before the end of library service. No overnight loans are permitted.
- McEntegart Hall Library Staff reserve the right to suspend and/or discontinue a student’s laptop loan borrowing privileges at any time.
I understand any violation of the above policies will result in loan forfeiture.