External Diversity Advisory Committee
This committee provides a forum for the College to bring together a cross-section of community and religious leaders to serve as a resource to assist the College in furthering its goal: “To promote a diverse and inclusive environment that aligns with the College’s mission to serve a diverse student population and that affirms the dignity, freedom, and value of each person."
- Rev. Dr. Beresford Adams, Senior Pastor, Faith Baptist Church of Coram
- Valerie M. Cartright, Esq., Councilwoman in Town of Brookhaven and Civil Rights Attorney
- Rev. Charles A. Coverdale, Senior Pastor, First Baptist Church of Riverhead
- Rabbi Azriel Fellner, Temple Beth El in Patchogue
- Vivian Hart, Executive Director at Pronto of Long Island, Inc.
- David Kilmnick, President/CEO of the LGBT Network
- Pastor Ellen Lewis, Director of the Restoration and Revival Center
- Rev. Cynthia Liggon, Assistant Pastor, First Baptist Church of Riverhead
- Shaykh Mehdad Islam, Assistant Imam, Islamic Center of Mastic-Shirley
- Lisa A. McQueen-Starling, Director of the Starling Group
- Rosa E. Palmore, Retired Senior Diversity Coordinator for Brookhaven National Lab
- Fr. Francis Pizzarelli, SSM, Executive Director, CEO of Hope House Ministries
- Sgt. John Schultz, Joseph P. Dwyer Veterans Peer Support Program Director (USMC Veteran E-5 Sgt.)
Yicel Moreno, '21 • Child Study Major
S.T.A.R.S Club, Hospitality & Tourism Club, Habitat for Humanity Club, Child Study Club
I am Latina; a daughter to immigrants. I love to bake and learn about different traditions. I chose Saint Joseph’s College because of the amazing opportunities- scholarship and studies.