The Five Pillars — Integrity
Our motto Esse non videri — "To be, not to seem," captures the University’s commitment to encourage a life lived with authenticity.
The students' dedication to being genuine is demonstrated from the very start of their time at St. Joseph's University, all the way through to their graduation. Freshmen in their first month at the University take an “Oath of Integrity” during Investiture, followed by an ongoing commitment to become one’s best self, all of which is celebrated at Commencement.
- Participate in the Student Government Association and become a voice and advocate for every student at St. Joseph's.
- Project Sunshine works to bring happiness to children facing medical challenges.
- The Student Veterans of America promotes an appreciation of veterans and their vastly unique experiences.
- Diversity Union creates connections between people with different ethnicities, cultures and views.
- Join Studio 155, a student-run club that develops multimedia projects using state-of-the-art technology.
St. Joseph's University President Donald R. Boomgaarden, Ph.D.
"At the end of the day, it’s the good that you do in your life that makes you happy. It’s not the car, it’s not the job, it’s not the honors. But the good that you do for others. It’s so powerful. It’s irreplaceable."