The Five Pillars — Spiritual Depth
Central to what it means to be human is awe in the face of the mysterious.
St. Joseph’s College is dedicated to providing an environment where values such as wonder, empathy, humility and gratitude are prized and allowed to flourish within the community. As part of the core curriculum, students are invited to explore the meaning of life and embrace their own spirituality through courses in not just religious studies, but in English, philosophy and history, as well.
- Mass is celebrated twice weekly.
- Our chapel is open at all times to students of all faiths.
- Faith-based campus organizations on campus include Brothers and Sisters in Christ (BASIC) and the Muslim Student Association (MSA).
- Our active Campus Ministry serves students of all faiths.
- Enroll in one of our religious studies classes and learn about religion in the context of society, history and culture.
Cristian Murphy ’14
Cristian, director of Campus Ministry at SJC Long Island, spoke on the importance of spiritual values.
"SJC’s core value of spirituality means a lot to me and the Office of Campus Ministry. One of my main goals here, as SJC campus minister, is to help our students develop a spiritual journey that can lead them to true joy throughout their lives."