SJC to Host Health Care Seminar Series
February 20, 2013
PATCHOGUE, N.Y. FEBRUARY 21, 2013 St. Josephs College (SJC) is pleased to announce that it will offer a series of health care seminars on its Long Island Campus this spring. Hosted by distinguished health care professionals, the seminars will focus on strategies in health care and information technology in health care. Open to SJC students, staff and faculty, the seminars will take place in room B-11 of the Business and Technology Building.
"Health care as we know it is about to undergo dramatic changes due to the health care reform law, said John Sardelis, Dr.P.H., associate chairperson and associate professor of health administration at SJC. "Senior executives are coming to SJC to help us understand how hospitals will be reconfigured and the vital role that information technology will play in this transformation.
The seminar schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, March 9, 12:30 2 p.m.: Jason Thaw, senior account manager of Healthix, Inc. will present, "The State of Health Information Exchange in New York.
- Tuesday, March 19, 6:15 7:45 p.m.: Brian Currie, president and CEO of Long Island Health Network will present, "The Road Ahead in 2013: The Role of Independent Hospitals.
- Saturday, March 23, 12:30 2 p.m.: Brian Wasson, training specialist, information technology services at SJC will present, "Health Care and Social Media.
- Tuesday, April 9, 6:15 7:45 p.m.: Susan Somerville, executive director of North Shore University Hospital will present, "The Road Ahead: The Role of Major Hospitals.
- Tuesday, April 23, 12:30 2 p.m.: Maureen Gaffney, senior vice president and chief information officer of Winthrop Hospital will present, "Reflections on Deploying Electronic Medical Records.
- Tuesday, April 23, 6:15 7:45 p.m.: Joe Moscola, vice president of North Shore-LIJ will present, "The Road Ahead: The Role of Ambulatory Care.
For more information about the Health Care Seminar Series, contact John Sardelis, Dr.P.H. at 631.687.1493 or email [email protected]