Chemistry students can apply their degrees toward a variety of careers. Recent graduates have worked as chemists at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals and Hewlett Packard. Other students have chosen to seek careers in medicine, dentistry, forensic science and education.
Students preparing for careers in medicine, dentistry and physical therapy are assigned to a Health Professions Committee adviser, who serves as a mentor and guides the student in choosing a career that suits their interests.
- Industrial and analytical laboratory research
- Graduate programs in chemistry and engineering
Chemistry – Adolescence Education
- Teaching, seventh through 12th grade
Chemistry – Biochemistry Sequence
- Pharmaceutical research
- Forensic science
- Graduate programs in molecular science
Chemistry – Business Sequence
- Chemical industry marketing and sales
- Finance – science/technology-based corporations