Leisure Services Management
Leisure Service Management professionals focus on quality of life issues within our local and global communities.
Serving all populations, our students’ studies are broad-based and cover everything from direct consumer programming to administrative functions, which include facility management and day-to-day operations.
BE PREPARED TO:
- Lead programs and activities such as exercise classes, swimming, hiking, golfing, music, crafts, and special events that help to relieve stress, promote socialization, and understand pro-social behaviors and values.
- Learn how to develop community assessments, organizational structures and budgets, for public, commercial, and nonprofit organizations.
- Discuss how to make activities accessible to persons with disabilities by developing programs and services that emphasize inclusion.
- Study trends within the industry, such as health enhancement, skateboard parks, and indoor climbing walls.
- With a degree in leisure services management, you may work with children, adults, the elderly, and/or persons with disabilities in community-based settings.