Graduate Management Studies Admissions Criteria
Applicants to the programs will possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with an 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants will typically be required to be employed in a full-time position and have work experience involving supervision, program development, specialized training, considerable responsibility, and/or independent judgment. In those cases where an applicant’s experiential qualifications fall short of the aforementioned criteria, the GMAT will be required. Applicants will also be required to complete the necessary undergraduate prerequisites in advance of the specific graduate courses for which they are required.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH THE APPLICATION
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25
- Two completed Letter of Reference forms: one from an academic source and one from a professional source (preferred) or two from professional sources
- Completed Verification of Employment form with verification letter outlining designated duties from current (or previous) employer
- A current résumé which includes chronological dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities
- A written statement of approximately 200 to 250 words that should address the following questions:
Why are you seeking a graduate degree in your chosen major?
What are your professional goals after graduation from St. Joseph’s College?
ADDITIONAL ITEMS NEEDED FOR THE ADMISSION DECISION
- Official transcripts of all your undergraduate and graduate work (send directly to the Office of Admissions, Attention: Graduate Admissions, at your first opportunity)
- Official GMAT score report, if required
- The admissions department will contact the applicant to arrange an interview if required.
- New York State requires all students born on or after January 1, 1957 to be immunized against measles, mumps and rubella. Proof of immunity must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Management Studies prior to enrollment. In addition, students must complete a Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination Response Form as required by New York State Public Health Law.
STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
If you are admitted to St. Joseph’s College and you have a disability that requires special accommodations, please call 631.687.1245 for an appointment within two weeks after receiving your acceptance so that adequate provisions can be made for you.