How to Apply
All international students must meet the criteria for admission based on the program for which you are applying.
PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Appropriate admission application, indicating level of study (undergraduate, graduate) and required documents (see individual program requirements).
- English Proficiency Exam Results (for non native English speaking students). ONE of the following is required:
- TOEFL exam results. Minimum score of 80 on the Internet based exam OR a 550 on the paper based exam OR 213 on the computer based exam required for admission.
- IELTS exam results. Minimum score of 6.5 required for admission.
- Copy of an English Language Learners (ESL) completion certificate will be accepted in place of the TOEFL if the program was completed in the U.S.A.
- All scores should be sent directly to St Joseph’s College. The school TOEFL code is 7487.
- All exam scores must be less than two years old in order to be valid.
- Freshmen Student Only: you may choose to submit SAT or ACT scores in order to be considered for a merit-based scholarship. SJC Long Island's SAT code for the College Board is 2841. The code to have ACT scores sent is 2923.
- Official transcripts from all former high school/secondary schools and/or colleges and universities. An evaluation of Academic Records by an official Credential Evaluation Agency (e.g. WES, IACEI, IES, etc.) is recommended.
When all of the documents listed above have been received, our admission staff will review your application for an admissions decision and notify you of your admission status. Upon acceptance, students will need to submit the application for the form I-20, and all supporting documents, in order to begin the process of obtaining their F-1 Student Visa.