Accepted Transfer Students
Congratulations. You’re in!!
Each year, we welcome many transfer students to our beautiful lakeside campus. Students who transfer to SJC discover quickly that they are part of a friendly supportive campus community. We believe you will thrive here.
With our small classes, close faculty interaction, engaging student life and an emphasis on leadership development and service, SJC is a great fit for students preparing for a future of promise and success.
We realize that the situation caused by the coronavirus has altered the plans of many students wishing to visit our campus. This page is designed to assist you with the next steps for enrolling into the College and to help you navigate through some of the resources available to you. Click here for up-to-date information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Remember that we are with you every step of the way. If at any point you have a question for us, we are only a quick email away at [email protected], or you can schedule a virtual appointment or call us at 631.687.4500.
- Submit your deposit and make it official. Login to submit your Admissions Deposit online. Your tuition deposit reserves a spot for you at SJC and can be submitted online. Note: Since many of our offices are currently working remotely, the best way to make sure that we receive your tuition deposit is to submit your payment online. If submitting your tuition deposit at this time presents a hardship for you, please let us know so that we can help. Email the Office of Admissions at [email protected].
- Use this time to get your Financial Aid package set. Be sure to file your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If you have not already done so already, use this link Apply for Federal Student Aid to get started. The school code to use for St. Joseph’s is E00505. If you need help or have a question, email our Financial Aid Office at [email protected], or you can meet with a counselor remotely.
- Tour our SJC Long Island campus. A campus visit should not be overlooked. Therefore, to become more familiar with SJC and what takes place within each of our buildings, please take a virtual campus tour.
- Start the registration process as an entering transfer student.
We are working remotely and will be able to provide you with a course schedule for the upcoming semester.
On or after May 7, check your email for a registration letter sent to you by SJC’s vice president for enrollment management. This letter will get you started and provide you with further instructions and additional information regarding the registration process.
Important Note: The registration letter will also include a link to a Transfer Registration Questionnaire. Once this questionnaire is received from you, the Office of Academic Advising and a professor in your chosen major will work on a course schedule, just for you. And within a few weeks you will receive a schedule from them.
We understand these are very trying times, so if you are not quite ready to have a schedule worked out for you, don’t worry. Email us at [email protected] and we will reach out to you later with another reminder and another invitation to register for your fall courses at SJC.
- Submit all necessary documents from the "Important Forms" area below.
- Our orientations have been planned for the dates listed below. However, because there is still so much uncertainty as to when the campus will re-open, please regard these dates as tentative dates. We will reach out to each admitted student as we get closer to August with an update about the following orientation events.
You Made the Right Choice
Our committed students have made an excellent choice in joining the SJC Golden Eagles family. This brochure (with attachment) shares information about the College and next steps.
Life On Campus
Wondering what you can do on campus? Here is a sample of what Student Life has to offer: