St. Joseph's College
155 W. Roe Blvd.
Patchogue, NY 11772
Campus Profile for SJC Long Island:
- Private liberal arts college
- Students are all commuters so all activities are focused on them
- Total undergraduate enrollment: 3,059 (Fall 2017)
- Incoming freshmen: 402 (Fall 2017)
- Incoming transfers: 430 (Fall 2017)
- Average class size: 16 students
- Our retention rate is 80 percent, which is above the national average (Fall 2017)
- Undergraduate full-time tuition: $28,590 (2019-2020 academic year)
- Undergraduate per credit tuition: $925
- Generous academic scholarships are available for academically qualified students.
- Students are automatically considered for scholarship when they apply.
- 85 percent of SJC Long Island undergraduate students receive some sort of financial aid.
Student Profile (Incoming 2017 SJC Long Island Freshmen):
- Average GPA: 3.5
- Average SAT: 1102 (math and critical reading sections)
- Average ACT: 23
- 70 percent of freshmen have taken AP courses in high school
Patchogue, New York
South shore of Long Island in Suffolk County
More than 50 undergraduate majors, pre-professional and certificate programs, with graduate degrees in management, business, health care management, human services, nursing, accounting and education.
Most popular majors:
- Child study
- Adolescence education (concentrations in biology, mathematics, Spanish, history and English)
- Business administration
- Biology program is pre-med, pre-dental or pre-veterinarian.
- St. Joseph’s College 20 sports programs are NCAA Division III accredited.
- Men's sports: baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track & field (winter and spring) and volleyball
- Women's sports: basketball, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track & field (winter and spring) and volleyball
- Use of the Danzi Athletic Center gym and pool is free to all students.
- Intramural sports are available.
- 32-acre lakeside campus
- Incident-free security report for the past four years (visit ope.ed.gov/campussafety for individual school results)
- 24-hour security presence
- Students can have cars on campus.
- Student-to-faculty ratio is 14:1.
Student Activities and Services:
- Social, cultural, service and diversity clubs and organizations
- Student Government Association and Campus Activities Board (C.A.B.)
- Active sororities and fraternities
- Academic major clubs to meet other students in their major
- Study abroad opportunities available during each semester as well as winter and summer breaks
- Academic Center and Math Lab for tutoring
- Honors program
- Office of Career Development and Engagement
- Office of Student Accessibility Services
- Counseling, wellness and Health Services