Make a Virtual Appointment
SJC Long Island's Office of Counseling and Wellness is offering confidential counseling through a virtual counseling clinic for students. Please email [email protected] to request an appointment.
24 Hour Crisis Counseling Hotlines
- Response Crisis Hotline
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Crisis Text Line
Text TALK to 741-741 to text with a trained crisis counselor
- Long Island Crisis Center
- Family Service League
COVID-19 and Mental Health
- COVID-19: Mental Health in the Age of Coronavirus (United Nations News and World Health Organization Guidance)
- How to Care for Your Mental Health During the Coronavirus Lockdown (including caring for children)
- Being Mindful of Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- How to Reduce the Psychological Impact of Quarantine
Mindfulness Resources during COVID-19
- Resilience in Challenging Times, A Care Package — Sounds True
Daily video sessions, webinars, live group meditations & meetups, and other free digital resources. Regularly updated with new offerings.
- Being Resilient During Coronavirus — Dr. Rick Hanson
A short video message, guided practice, 45-minute podcast episode, weekly Live sessions, and other resources.
- Guide to Well-Being During Coronavirus — Greater Good Science Center, UC Berkeley
Practices, resources, and articles for individuals, parents, and educators facing COVID-19.
- Free Resources for the Global Health Crisis — Shambhala Publications
Free ebooks, an online course, and lots of free videos from Shambhala Pubs authors, including Pema Chödrön.
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide — Dan Harris / Ten Percent Happier
Daily live practice sessions w/ Q&A, plus podcasts, blog posts, meditations and talks.
- Live Online Meditation Teachings and Community Gathering — Boulder Shambhala Center
Nightly live dharma talks & meditation sessions, plus a variety of weekly offerings and special programs including BIPOC Meditation Collective, and Learn to Meditate class. Plus, a COVID-19 Support & Process Group if offered every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday Noon–1PM MDT: Click here to join via Zoom.
- Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche message on COVID-19 outbreak — Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche shares his thoughts on the coronavirus outbreak around the world and offers an inspiring message to all those learning to live with awareness, compassion, and wisdom.
- Creating a Home Retreat: Finding Freedom Wherever You Are — Tara Brach
A heartfelt message from Tara Brach in response to the coronavirus pandemic, guidelines and advice for creating a home retreat, and a link to a free half-day program (below)
- Free Mindfulness Apps Worthy of Your Attention — Mindful
Recommendations and reviews of five free meditation apps.
For any students struggling with food scarcity issues, visit the Island Harvest Website to search for a food bank near you.